Saturday, November 27, 2010

The First Thanksgiving

I have been dreading the holiday season this year and the first of several special occasions has creeped up on us...Thanksgiving.  This was the first Thanksgiving in 31 years I haven't seen or talked to my Dad (the year I was in Costa Rica I at least got to Skype my family).  It was the first Thanksgiving in 31 years I've not seen or talked to my Grandma and Granddad.  And I definitely felt the void.  It just was not the same without his stupid jokes.  It wasn't the same going through the Black Friday ads without him.  It wasn't the same eating yellow noodles without him.
Dad, there is not one single day that goes by where I don't think about you and miss you like crazy.  Sure not looking forward to celebrating our birthdays without you.  I love you so very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment